Monday, December 12, 2011

Which came first - The Blog or The Successful SAHM???

    I'm back.  Scary - right?  When I started, my motivation was more of a kind of "virtual diary", just a place to put down some thoughts, with the ability to look back and see how things progress.  Then life took over, and I kind of got side tracked.  It happens.  Since I don't have any followers, I don't think anyone really missed me - lol!

    So this morning, I did my usual facebook perusal to see what everyone was up to for the day.  My friend Megan posted that she had started a blog,  Of Heart and Home (of-heart-and-home.blogspot.com), check it out - she just posted some great Christmas decorations!

     Well, Megan is one of the SAHM I'd love to emulate.  This girl has got it together.  After reading her posts, I decided to jump back on the horse and give this another try.

     I read a lot of blogs, mostly "mom" type blogs.  I started thinking, which came first?  I mean, these women are phenoms!  Arts and crafts with the kids, quality time with the hubs, cooking, cleaning, sewing.  Then, they have the time and energy to take some pictures and write about it!  So, again I ask, which came first??  Is the fact that they have a popular blog a driving factor?  I think when you know people are interested, you get a little "push" to keep going and find more interesting things to do and document.  A little bit of success and positive affirmation breeds the desire to continue.  Accountability and rewards, right?  I am definitely firmly in the second category.  The desire is there, but I gotta say, I need the "push".  And maybe, a not so gentle one.  It's fun to see my girlies faces light up when they make something pretty, all by themselves.  I get an inner sense of satisfaction when I try a new recipe and my family loves it.  Let me tell you, when Little Missy eats everything - I know it's a keeper.  Miss Bossy-pants isn't as picky, but she isn't afraid to tell me if something just doesn't work.  That's okay too.
I love creating something beautiful and being able to think "I did that - me!" - when usually I don't think I can do much of anything.  It's good for the soul.

    The conclusion I came to is this, and it isn't an earth shattering epiphany, just a logical observation.  I think for most of us, it's a little bit of both.  There are some women, who are just naturally inclined and good at the whole mom/housewife thing and would be doing their thing, blog or no blog.  Then, I think some maybe aren't as naturally inclined, but knowing that people are following you, gives them the impetus to keep it going.

And their family reaps the benefits.

That can't be a bad thing.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, thanks for the shout out! Now you have a follower, so you'll have to keep posting or I'll miss you! ;)

    ReplyDelete